Duration: 3-4 hrs
- Collection of tea leaves are done at the tea factory only on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Guided visit of the Bois Cheri Tea Factory
- Visit the Tea Museum
- Tea time; tasting of different varieties of Mauritian tea with biscuits and scones at the Chalet of Bois Cheri
- Lunch is included and is served at the Bois Cheri restaurant
All drinks are paid upon consumption
You will discover the history of our island and its people, traditions and localflavors. You will visit the colonial period houses and gardens and discover the know-how of tea culture and other local sights.
The tour begins with the Domain Aubineaux, one of the last colonial mansions typical of the late 19th century, located in the highlands. Guides will offer a cultural tour of the house built in 1872, where you will discover furniture dating back to the East India Company and a fine collection of old photographs.
You will also visit the old stables have been converted on the one hand and in the meeting room of the store and otheressential oil distillery. After a break in the tearoom, enjoy the floral park and visit the garden of camphor. Enjoy the variety ofexotic plants and some trees endemic to the island. This tour will be a great addition to your holiday resorts in Mauritius.
The second step is to Bois Chéri. Head to the tea factory. The guides will be happy to show and explain the various stages of production. A tea museum completes the visit.
To illustrate, a tasting is offered in a cottage with panoramic views of the area and throughout the south of the island. You can even taste the delicacies of tea chef at Restaurant Le Bois Chéri!
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Visit and tea tasting at Bois Cheri Tea Factory
- Lunch at the Bois Cheri restaurant
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Drinks & Beverages
- Russian, English, German & Chinese guide available on request
- Bookings need to be made at least 72 hours in advance
- Pick-up times vary depending on hotel location